Monday, March 2, 2009

The Jewels of Primary

At the end of January my counselors from the primary and I decided we needed to plan a dinner for our wonderful primary teachers to let them know how thankful we are for all they do and for their patience with us.

The dinner turned out fabulous! We were supplied with some of the most delicious lasagna I have ever had (courtesy of the famous Amy Cooper) and this amazing cheese and bread platter made by Emily ( I still need that recipe from you by the way). I was assigned the bread and also volunteered to do the desserts. I always try to look for excuses to make dessert. :)

I decided to make my most favorite chocolate cake which is a dense chocolate with a thick layer of ganache. I what more lovely thing to top it off than chocolate covered strawberries. I think I want it to be strawberry season already...



Since the chocolate cake was so heavy I also wanted to make a lighter dessert to balance things out a little. I made my mom's famous angel food cake with strawberries and super thick whipped cream. I had both desserts, of course.



The night turned out fabulous and it was so fun to spend time together with everyone outside of church. I love you all! Thank you again for all your hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment