Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pucker up!

I was at my mother in law's home the other day when we found this recipe in her Gourmet magazine. We have both had this obsession with lemons the past few weeks so there was no question that I had to make it right away.



I will say however that this cake did not come without it's problems. The only spring form pan I have is 9 inches while the recipe calls for an 8 inch. In result, I could only make two layers instead of three. The result didn't turn out as pretty as I hoped but the cake was rich and sweet and the lemon curd was tart and creamy.



The whipped cream was supposed to be made using lavender but there was none to be found. So instead I decided to add strawberries which gave the cake a strawberry lemonade flavor.



I highly recommend this one, especially if you have the necessary ingredient and equipment to follow the recipe correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment