Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Going Bananas!

Well, Dustin and I are now officially poor as church mice. Ya know on Disney's Robin hood where all the animals are sent to jail because they can't pay their taxes? That is us. Can you picture it? We realized how difficult it is to be self employed and to pay taxes. Note to self... take out taxes whenever you receive a paycheck or the end of the year will be the death of you.

We really wanted dessert tonight so I scrounged around looking for anything to satisfy our sweet tooth. I found some black bananas in the freezer and decided to make some banana nut muffins. I used this recipe from Taste of Home but made a few alterations on
half of the batter. Dustin is obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate so after I filled muffin tins with batter I put a dollop of peanut butter on top and used a knife to swirl the peanut butter around then topped them off with a few chocolate chips. I didn't get a picture of these ones because they were gone before I even got the camera out. So good!




Banana Nut Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)

1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, bananas, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two thirds full with batter sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched. Cook for 5 minutes longer before removing to a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. I'm making these for sure. I'm loving this blog!

    ReplyDelete